Friday 3 February 2012

The Quick Friday Post, featuring Hip Flask Cool Update


A little while ago I posted a tribute to hip flasks, in which I said something along the lines of “hip flasks are cool, and if you have one, that makes you cool”. Well, while mindlessly trawling the internet I found this.

 
Conclusive proof, I think you’ll agree. 

It’s Friday again, and time for a look ahead to this weekend. My weekend actually started last night, because Thursday is the new Friday, even if you have to work on Friday (as I do), because Fridays don’t really count, do they? Unless, I don’t know, you’ve got a proper job or something.

Thursdays are great nights to go out drinking because it’s quiet. No, it’s not the same as mad Friday when everyone’s jumping out of their skins with excitement at having survived the week, or Saturday where you can drink all day if you want, but on Thursday you can go wherever you want and have a quiet drink because everyone else is saving themselves for Friday.

Frankly, I haven’t been Thursday drinking for a while, but Brenda and I needed to do a mini tour of a few pubs that we were thinking of incorporating into our wedding, and we’d persuaded a couple of friends to join us.

We had a few nice pints of ale and I also had a bottle of Peroni Gran Riserva, which is a lager I haven’t seen before. It’s alcohol content is 6.6%, so that was quite good, and I thought it was worth mentioning.

Tomorrow Brenda and I are hosting a belated birthday party with the theme of ‘games night’. It’s basically an excuse to gather a few friends and dip into my alcohol collection. Tonight we’ll be stocking up on food and a few booze staples that I’m running short of – white rum, dark rum, beer, and maybe some wine and something else. We were paid at the start of the week, so this is that period where I can splash out a bit before money-panic sets in for the rest of the month.

So whatever you’re up to –especially if you’re coming to our party – have fun. I’ll see you next week for more comment, discussion and rambling.

No comments:

Post a Comment